Friday 5 October 2012

Blog Session 4


Documentaries
I really enjoy watching films as well as documentaries and documentaries unlike films are meant to document some aspects of reality. A couple of friends have created their own documentaries so I’ve seen what it takes to actually complete one. I like documentaries because I think we can learn a lot about so many different things in a more dynamic way. Also, I like documentaries because, as a translator, I could work subtitling a film and that’s an interesting job to have.
I do remember “Nanook of the North” (1922) even though it’s not my favourite one, it’s an interesting documentary considering the year it was filmed and also, it’s considered to be the first anthropological documentary film ever. There you can see the life of Inuit Eskimos, Nannok and his family.
What I really like about documentaries is that they’re non-fictional motion pictures so we should see real life and real experiences. I don’t have one single favourite documentary but here I left you the trailer of the latest I watched:
If interested in Chilean documentaries, please watch “La batalla de Chile” by Patricio Guzmán and you can also check this blog if you want more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment